Parallel shaft helical geared motors
Due to our long-standing contact with SEW, we can offer you the entire SEW product range at good prices: SEW Sales
From SEW & other manufacturers
Parallel shaft helical geared motors are used less frequently than helical gearmotors, since they are mainly used when, for example, very little space is available in process or materials handling technology or when the output shaft must be a hollow shaft.
For these drive engineering applications, SEW offers its F..DR… series parallel shaft helical gearmotors, which have a very slim design and can be combined with any AC synchronous motor thanks to SEW’s modular system. For special customer requirements, we also fall back on other parallel shaft helical gearmotors manufacturers in the engineering area.
How we work? You provide us with the requirement profile and we supply you with a customized and individually dimensioned parallel shaft helical gearmotor, powerful, dynamic and above all reliable.
Area of application:
- Materials handling applications
- Chain conveyor
- Process engineering applications
- Stirring drives
- Storage and retrieval machines
- Vertical conveyor
- Screw conveyors
- Gantry cranes
- Torque: 90 – 100 000 Nm*.
- Power output: 0.12 – 200 kW*
- Approx. 98% efficiency per stage 95 % efficiency*)
*Depends on manufacturer. Please contact us!
Apart from the fact that gearboxes and motors can be differently dimensioned/equipped, there are other important properties depending on the use of the helical geared motor.
- Spatial position
- The spatial position determines the design: foot, flange or in some cases even both.
- With or without forced cooling fan
- Position of the terminal box and the cable entry / plug position
- With & without brake
- With & without tachometer encoder (for operation of the geared motor via frequency inverter)
- With explosion-proof AC motors (ATEX)
- Temperature sensors
- Solid shaft and hollow shaft possible
- Aseptic geared motors (keyword: hygiene)
Helical parallel geared motor alternatives
- Helical geared motor (Standard)
- Planetary geared motor (Precise)
- Servo geared motors ⇒ Servo helical parallel geared motor (More compact dimensions, lower weight and higher dynamics)
Use with frequency converter
The speed of flat geared motors as well as other types of geared motors can be controlled with a frequency converter. However, the parallel shaft helical gearmotor should be protected against overheating by means of a PTC thermistor, reduced current or other measures when reducing the speed.
Manufacturers such as SEW offer frequency inverters that are mounted directly on the housing of the parallel shaft helical gearmotor to save space. We would be pleased to supply you with the frequency inverter that matches your parallel shaft helical geared motor. We would be happy to advise you. More about this: frequency inverter
Increase efficiency, retrofit now!
A conversion to energy-saving helical geared motors pays for itself after 2 years at the latest.
However, we are also happy to help you with the conversion to helical geared motors from various manufacturers.
Helical parallel geared Manufacturer
We generally recommend parallel shaft helical gear units and parallel shaft helical gearmotors from SEW. We can also meet special customer requirements (other manufacturers) due to our extensive product portfolio. We can therefore also offer parallel shaft helical gear units and parallel shaft helical gearmotors from the following manufacturers: