From SEW & other manufacturers
Helical parallel geared motors are used less often than helical geared motors, as they are mainly used when, for example, very little space is available in process or conveyor technology or when the output shaft has to be a hollow shaft.
For these cases of drive technology, SEW offers its F… DR… series of helical geared motors, which have a very slim design and can be combined with any three-phase synchronous motor due to the SEW modular system. For special customer requirements, we also make use of other manufacturers of helical geared motors in the engineering sector.
How we work? You supply us with the requirements profile and we supply you with a tailor-made and individually dimensioned helical geared motor, powerful, dynamic and above all reliable.
Area of application:
- Materials handling applications
- Chain conveyor
- Process engineering applications
- Stirring drives
- Storage and retrieval machines
- Vertical conveyor
- Screw conveyors
- Gantry cranes
- Torque: 90 – 100 000 Nm*.
- Power output: 0.12 – 200 kW*
- approx. 98% efficiency per stage? 95 % efficiency*)
*Depends on manufacturer. Please contact us!
- Direct attachment due to the optional hollow shaft in slip-on version
- Torque support optional (with hollow shaft)
- approx. 98% efficiency per stage (high energy efficiency)
Use with frequency inverter
The speed of helical geared motors and other types of geared motors can be controlled by a frequency converter. However, when the motor is being lowered, a PTC thermistor, reduced current or other measures should be used to protect the geared motor against overheating.
Manufacturers such as SEW offer frequency inverters that are located directly on the housing of the helical geared motor to save space. We will be pleased to supply you with a frequency inverter suitable for your helical geared motor. We would be pleased to advise you. More information: Frequency inverters
Apart from the fact that gearboxes and motors can be differently dimensioned/equipped, there are other important properties depending on the use of the helical geared motor.
- Spatial position
- The spatial position determines the design: foot, flange or in some cases even both.
- With or without forced cooling fan
- Position of the terminal box and the cable entry / plug position
- With & without brake
- With & without tachometer encoder (for operation of the geared motor via frequency inverter)
- With explosion-proof AC motors (ATEX)
- Temperature sensors
- Solid shaft and hollow shaft possible
- Aseptic geared motors (keyword: hygiene)
Helical parallel geared motor alternatives
Increase efficiency, retrofit now!
A conversion to energy-saving helical geared motors pays for itself after 2 years at the latest.
However, we are also happy to help you with the conversion to helical geared motors from various manufacturers.
Flat Geared Motors Manufacturer
We generally recommend helical gear units and helical geared motors from SEW. Due to our extensive product portfolio, we are also able to meet special customer requirements (other manufacturers). We can therefore also offer you flat gear units and helical geared motors from the following manufacturers: